I have battled depression and anxiety since I was in high school. One of my first signs of slipping into it is when I become withdrawn... isolated.. and tired. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel depressed, but I do know that these are warning signs. The best way I have controlled my anxiety and depression is by being proactive. When I feel like isolating, I make myself get out. When I feel like sleeping all the time, I make myself wake up on a schedule. Things like this, along with recognizing my warning signs have made a huge difference. I can notice when I am slipping before I get in too deep.
The last month has been filled with the mundane and the general life stressors. It has also been really good.
- We have to go to the pediatric cardiologist on Nov. 7th for Abbie to see if she may need surgery for her Pectoral Excavatum.
- The family's allergies have been acting crazy.
- Having trouble sleeping with hubby working nights.
- Having trouble keeping girls quiet during days when hubby is sleeping.
- Feeling inadequate as a homeschooling mom.
- Concerns for family members who are dealing with emotional and physical pain.
- We were all sick with fevers for about a week.
- Financial stresses and bill collectors.
- Abbie is getting wonderful grades in school.
- We made it through first quarter of the school year.
- God has provided for all of our needs.
- Elizabeth did wonderfully on a developmental test.
- The girls doctor listens to me and their meds for allergies have been amazing.
- I have been cooking new recipes a lot more often.
- The hubby and I are about to get to spend some quality time together for the next two weekends.
- Read a book about the life of George Muller and am moved at his faith in God and prayer life.
- God is teaching, molding, and growing me.
- Finding freedom from technology addiction... cutting out facebook games, cable, and limiting time with television.
- Have spent more quality time with my folks.
- Have been loving BSF... I am learning so much and connecting with my group.
- Husband went forward at church for alter call to say he wants to be Baptized. I have been wanting to tell everyone that he accepted Christ, but it wasn't mine to tell. Now that he has made a proclamation, I can share. Thank you all for prayers and encouragement.