|What Others See|
|What I see|
1. I don't think that other women that are overweight are ugly. Why am I more harsh on myself? There should be some accountability but I can not have unrealistic and unfair expectations.
2. It is a distortion. A lie. I am overweight but I am not what I see in the mirror.
3. My outward appearance should not matter. God expects and wants me to have inner beauty.
4. I am a child of God. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
5. I don't have to be perfect. I have been given grace. I need to be self-controlled but I am not expected to be perfect.
6. Only the word of God is sharp enough to separate mind from spirit. I need to keep in the word and I need to hold on to scriptures that uplift.
While I need to work on loving myself, I also need to work on my weight. I need to work on it for my health, I need to work on it for self-control, and I need to work on it to be an example to my children. I am going to try to do the WW diet again. I want to succeed this time. I need to stop being too lazy to work the system. Sadly, I don't have any money to join a program, so a couple of friends and I will hold each other accountable. I am trying to make the most on the budget I have. I put some tips and a review on a blog about it.
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
1 Peter 3:3-4 "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."
Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."